Phoenix, Arizona–November 14-16, 2013–California DECA was represented by 31 members from five California DECA chapters at the 2013 Western Region Leadership Conference. At this conference, members fine-tuned their presentation skills, learned from industry professionals, and networked with leaders from states across the west coast.
This conference was one of the best leadership development opportunities of the entire year and featured an extensive variety of workshops hosted by industry professionals. Speakers at this conference include:
- Any Ruboyianes, Vice President at UBS Financial
- Dove Mittelman, Merchandising Manager at the Phoenix Suns basketball team
- Derek Duronslet, Vice President of Sales at Lucky Strike Lanes
- Scott Bohall, Owner of Treasures Custom Jewelry
- James R. Gleason, President and CEO of MBA Research
- Jake Pfeiffer, Founder of EXP Trips
Attendees also had the opportunity to compete in a real DECA competition. In this competition, members developed business plans and presented their plans to a judge in a one-on-one interview setting. While developing their plans, members had to think critically and creatively; presenting to a judge tested members’ presentation and interpersonal skills.
California will host the 2014 Western Region Leadership Conference in Anaheim. For more information on the 2014 Western Region Leadership Conference, visit http://wrlc2014.org.