Calling all California DECA Advisors: You’re invited to attend DECA AMPED, a re-imagined professional learning experience designed for both new and seasoned business, marketing, finance, hospitality, and entrepreneurship teachers! Join DECA advisors from across the country in Denver, Colorado on June 21-24 to learn from DECA staff, advisors, alumni, and business and industry experts, on the beautiful Denver Campus of Johnson & Wales University.
Participants will be able to select their own sessions from topics including:
• Using DECA’s competitive events as instructional and assessment tools
• Enhancing chapter activities and projects by engaging alumni and collegiate members
• Enhancing your instructional strategies by making connections to educational initiatives
• Exploring the School-Based Enterprise learning lab concept and how to start one at your school
Thanks to a grant from the California Department of Education, California DECA is able to cover the cost of the following items for each California DECA Advisor selected to participate:
• Registration (which includes lodging and the meals identified in the attached flyer)
• Roundtrip coach airfare from your nearest airport to Denver (as long as it is purchased 30 days in advance)
• Ground transportation and parking expenses
Please note that all other costs are the responsibility of the attendee.
To be eligible, your chapter must meet the new CTSO requirements. Because this grant is funded by the California Department of Education, DECA Advisors from private schools will not be eligible to apply.
Please read through the following link for more information on DECA AMPED!
To apply for this opportunity, visit: http://bit.ly/1Od2921
Application Deadline: April 30, 2016
Thank you for your dedication to DECA and we hope to see you in Denver!
For more information, contact the State Management Team at email@example.com.