This year, Northern California DECA has a District Action Team for the first time in half a decade.
The team consists of:
- President – Christopher Kusumonegoro
- VP of Hospitality – Georgia Higgins
- VP of Leadership -Mihira Patel
- VP of Career Development – Ananya Veeraragavan
- VP of Marketing – Praveen Ravisankar
- VP of Finance – Valorie Low
They have big plans for the year and aim to make Northern California more interconnected. The NorCal DAT works under the leadership of the Vice President of Northern California, and under the advisement of the NorCal DAT Advisor, to fulfill the following roles and responsibilities:
- New Chapter Support
- Provide support to new chapters through school visits, virtual meetings, and online correspondence in partnership with the State Management Team. Our DAT team members each aim to visit at least one chapter a month!
- New Chapter Recruitment
- Assist in identifying prospective new chapters to join Northern California DECA and conduct outreach and recruitment efforts in partnership with the State Management Team .
- Competitive Event Training
- Deliver competitive event trainings ranging from beginning to advance trainings to help support the growth of competitive event skills and knowledge for NorCal chapters through virtual sessions and at District conferences.
- Community Outreach & Advocacy
- Attend community events and conduct advocacy activities with community leaders to promote DECA and represent DECA as ambassadors.
The Northern California DAT team is excited for the upcoming #Limitless DECA year ahead.