The California DECA State Officer Team is extremely proud to announce the release of this year’s Chapter Resource Guide!
The guide is a culmination of resources created and sourced by the State Officer Team to help members and their chapter start the DECA year off on the right foot. Be sure to take full advantage of the various resources, from tips on advocacy to fundraising and everything in between.
Whether you are from a well-established chapter or you are a new chapter, the guide has something for you. For new members especially it offers a comprehensive overview of everything California DECA to get them caught up to speed on this incredible organization.
The guide is broken down into six distinct sections : introduction, competition, public relations, finances, leadership, and advocacy. Here is a brief summary of each of the sections
- DECA at a Glance – An overview of the organization and our values, including conference policies and overviews.
- Competition – A great source for new members to get introduced to role plays and written events, as well as get a sense of the various competitive opportunities throughout the year.
- Running a Chapter – Information on how to do everything chapter-related. Connect with other chapters through the California DECA monthly Press Kit, ensure that your chapter has all the funds to get through the year financially, develop your member’s leadership skills, and earn recognition in Chapter Campaigns.
- Outreach & Advocacy – If you love DECA, be sure to support it through advocacy! Advocacy can be as simple as an email or letter, and as complicated as a full on presentation to a representative. Regardless of how, we have resources to help you make the best impression!
- Request a Chapter Visit from a State Officer! – for workshops, volunteering, speaking, and more, email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a visit now!
To download the Chapter Resources Guide, click here!
The State Officer Team is committed to providing the chapters with as much support as possible. Please feel free to email us with any questions or request chapter visits, we want to help every member have an unforgettable DECA year!